It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:52 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: 72-Hour kits For CAR and HOME
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:40 am 
Site Admin

72-Hour kits

Don’t Leave Home Without It: the Vehicle 72-Hour Kit
http://thesurvivalmom.com/2010/03/28/do ... -hour-kit/

Soccer moms, football moms, cheerleading moms, whatever they call us, “chauffeur” better describes what we, Survival Moms, do every day. In my world, it’s not unusual to have a kid’s dentist appointment, a field trip, and a swim meet all on the same day, transported by our trusty Tahoe. Now, if that Tahoe ever broke down or for some reason we couldn’t get home as planned, what would we do?

My answer is the Vehicle 72 Hour Kit. If you were well and truly stuck somewhere, this Kit could see you and your family through at least 72 hours. That’s three days. It wouldn’t be luxurious living, that’s for sure, but it would be survival, and that’s what we’re talking about here.

I consider the Vehicle 72 Hour Kit to be an essential part of being prepared for emergencies.

To get started on your own Vehicle 72 Hour Kit, you’ll need . . . . (Continued at link, above)

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: 72-Hour kits
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:56 am 
Site Admin

72 Hour Kit List

http://www.preparednesspro.com/blog/72-hour-kit-list/

By Kellene Bishop

As promised here is the list of my recommended 72 hour kit supplies.

-snip-

Basic 72-hour Emergency Kit (*This is a list of ONLY the Basics) (List can be found at Link, above!)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 4:05 pm 
Site Admin

72 Hour Kits: For KIDS!

Adventures in Self Reliance

Kids 72 Hour Emergency Kits
http://selfrelianceadventures.blogspot. ... -kits.html

Children are a special consideration when planning emergency/evacuation type kits. They obviously cannot carry as much as an adult, yet require enough of their own stuff to make it impossible for the adults to carry the supplies for the entire family. Our solution was to make abbreviated kits for the kids. My idea when putting these together was that if my children were separated from me for some reason, I'd like them to be able to get by for a while on their own until we could find them.

I started with the school backpacks with wheels.

Image --- continued at link, above ----

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 4:51 pm 
Site Admin

Rotating 72 Hour Kits

Adventures in Self Reliance

Rotating the Adult 72 Hour/Emergency Kits
http://selfrelianceadventures.blogspot. ... -kits.html

Remember the 72 hour emergency kits? Well, if you've put one together for yourself or your loved ones, it's a good idea to get into them and rotate the supplies every so often. I actually like to do this every spring and fall (I use the LDS General Conference weekend as a reminder). Getting the pack out at least twice a year serves a couple of purposes. First, I get to rotate out all the old junk like old MRE's and expired medications and replace them with fresh stuff. Second, I am reminded of what I have in the pack and it gets me thinking of what else I need or want. And third, I get to organize all the stuff I added during the last 6 months (letting you all in on how I operate here--when I want to add something to the kit and it's not rotation time, I just unzip the top zipper and stuff it in, then I usually have 4-5 things that need to be put where they belong in the kit when rotation time rolls around)

This fall, just for you, I dumped the entire contents of my kit and took pictures--now doesn't that make you all feel loved? Just don't pay any attention to my nappy living room carpet--it was that way when we bought this house and I've got no drive to replace it until my kids are bigger.

So we'll start with --- continued at link, above ----

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:27 pm 
Site Admin

72-Hour kits

:!: NOTE: Good videos at this site!

Modern Survival Blog

72 Hour Kit
http://modernsurvivalblog.com/preps/72-hour-kit/

Why Do I Need a 72 Hour Kit?

Everyone should be prepared and keep a 72 hour emergency kit in their vehicle preps for survival, no excuses.

Having a 72 hour kit in your car is definitely a strong recommendation for those living in Earthquake country, who could find themselves stranded during a major earthquake, or maybe not able to make it back home due to infrastructure damage. One could think of many scenarios whereby having a 72 hour supply of food and water in the car could be a lifesaver, or a great convenience if nothing else.

Most of the day, people are at ‘work’, having used their vehicles as transportation to get there. If while at work there was some sort of regional or local disaster, you could potentially become stranded, or even if you manage to get out and on the road, having a three day supply of food and water will assure your survival. Most emergencies are relatively short in duration based on the odds of a given occurrence, and three days of supplies should be enough insurance to get you to a destination, be it home, or a pre-determined bug out location.

There are lots of different opinions regarding what to keep in your kit, and in my opinion, so long as you have put something together, it is better than nothing at all! Once you have a basic kit put together, it is fun to tweak and adjust it as you read and learn more about what others are doing.

The basic idea here is to keep enough food, water, and basic supplies. --- continued at link, above ---

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: 72-Hour kits For CAR and HOME
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:13 pm 
Site Admin

Automobile Kits

Security Whip
A Common Sense Approach to Security, Safety, and Survival

Basic Emergency Car Kit
http://www.securitywhip.com/2010/07/06/ ... y-car-kit/

If you are like most Americans you spend a large portion of your time in your vehicle. So it only makes sense to keep your vehicle well maintained and ensure it has the necessary equipment to help you in a disaster or emergency.

-snip-

Now that everyone is on board, below is a “basic” list of items that should be kept in your vehicle at all times. --- continued at link, above ---

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:47 pm 
Site Admin

Getting Home-Essential Items to Take From Car

Image Baby Step #4: Get home, no matter what
http://thesurvivalmom.com/2010/07/21/ba ... tter-what/

-snip-

what should we do if there is some type of emergency that prevents him from being able to get home? I don’t expect major tornadoes or a devastating earthquake, but civil unrest in the central part of our city, in particular, is easier to imagine, along with major flooding.

-snip-

If a family or individual is unprepared, getting home may be easier said than done. A small, well-packed Get-Home backpack in your car, one per person, would be a smart addition and could make getting home a reality. Here’s a checklist of items to keep in your vehicle should you find yourself having to hoof it home. --- continued at link, above ---

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:45 pm 
Site Admin

DELUXE 96-HOUR KIT

LDS Preparedness Manual
http://www.green-trust.org/freebooks/Preparedness.pdf

Pages 17-19

In emergency preparedness, a 72 hour kit is widely considered the first step in becoming prepared. Sitting in a closet or some other area close to the front door, it can be grabbed in a moment's notice, should you have to depart your home with little or no warning. Two days ago, only a block from my house, a neighbor's home caught fire at 3 AM. After getting everyone out, the fire hastily spread and quickly destroyed this family's home. Everything inside it was totally destroyed. What did they have left? Only the pajamas on their backs. They lost literally everything. They didn't even have shoes on their feet. They wish they'd had a good 96 hour kit. Fortunately, the whole community is pulling together for them. But not everyone is this lucky. Sometimes, whole communities are affected at the same time. This same tiny farming village back in 1978 had to be immediately evacuated for several days because of derailed and leaking butane cars. Before that, everyone here thought this was a place where disasters 'never happened' Seventy-two hour kits would have been really handy then as well. It's not necessary that you live in a tornado or hurricane alley to need a 96 hour kit. Every family needs one for the unexpected.

A deluxe "96" hour kit should contain all the essential things your family would need to take you through 4 days of being on your own. There's a reason behind the length of time the kit's contents should last. It generally takes the disaster relief agencies at least 3-4 days to move in and set up before offering assistance. Generally speaking, you're on your own during this time. Depending on how bad the situation is, it could even be longer. Whether you start with our kit or put one together yourself from scratch, it's important for your family's welfare to have one. In any type of disaster things will be bad. Not having the necessities to sustain your life and the lives of your family members could turn an otherwise manageable problem into a personal cataclysm you could never recover from. Prepare now for life's surprises. --- CONTINUED at LINK, above ---

List includes:

First Aid
      Preventative Aid
    Light, Heat, Fire making
    Cooking Equipment
    Navigation
    Personal Hygiene & Sanitation
    Tools and Repair Kits
    Fishing Equipment
    Personal Items
    Emergency Gear
    Clothing Maintenance and Repair
    Cash
    Communication
    Bedding
    Water
    Clean Up
    Pack and Pack Frame
    Food
    Shelter
    Clothing

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:00 pm 
Site Admin

72 Hour Bags-Clothes to Pack

What Type of Clothes to Pack in Your 72-Hour Kit
https://www.thereadystore.com/diy/10509 ... COVVNSPKI4

t seems that all too often, preppers can be overly concerned about the supplies and tools they have in their 72-hour kit, and forget that everyday items like clothing are just as important in a survival situation. Making sure you’ve packed the proper clothes in your bug out bag is very crucial – and can often mean the difference between surviving and emergency just as much as any other item.

A survival situation can strike when you least expect it – when you’re on vacation, when you’re on your way home from work, or even when you’re in bed for the night. You don’t want to be caught with just your Bermuda shorts, your business casual office wear, or your sleepwear for the next 72 hours. But if you’re not already packed with the clothing you need, that’s exactly what could happen. --- CONTINUED at LINK, above ---

Offline Profile