Button Lamp

You can make so many different 'stoves' and 'ovens' to heat your foods or cook your meals. Look here and get ready to be creative!
Readymom
Site Admin

Button Lamp

Post by Readymom »

I saw this and thought that it was a good idea for making a 'sterno' type of cooking device. Of course, you're going to have to be REALLY careful using it because the flame is going to be BIG. But, why couldn't you use this idea in a pot, put a cookie rack over it, and heat up water or soup, etc? So easy to do, using what you have around the house, when you are really stuck. Great way to use up scraps of fabric and smaller scraps would keep the flame lower, I would think.

Simple Button Lamp
https://www.littlehouseliving.com/simple-button-lamp.html (Scroll down a long introduction to get to this part:)

One thing that immediately caught my eye in The Long Winter this time around was the Button Lamp. I love how Ma made something out of nothing. Took the things they already had (scraps) and created what they needed (light).

Today we are going to learn to make the same thing so you can know how to create a simple and frugal source of light out of pretty much nothing if you should ever need it. Here we go! ---CONTINUED---

Return to “Home-Made Ideas”