Tampons: So MANY Uses!

Lots of Lists to choose from in here including items such as paper goods, cleaners, emergency lighting, cooking, tools and much much more! Read them over, combine items from the various lists to make it just right for your particular family or group. There are a lot of good ideas here from a variety of sources.
Readymom
Site Admin

Tampons: So MANY Uses!

Post by Readymom »

Image HatTip to 'HozayBuck' over at Prepared Society for finding this:

Yes, That’s a Tampon in My Mouth: The Swiss Army Survival Tampon — 10 Survival Uses
http://artofmanliness.com/2012/06/05/survival-tampon/

Do me a favor for the next five minutes. Try to forget everything you know about tampons. I know, it’s hard. But pretend that this is the first time you have ever seen or heard of the item below, and it is a new survival product on the market: the Tactical Adventure Medical Preparedness Outdoors Necessity (T.A.M.P.O.N.).

All kidding aside, a tampon really does have a ton of uses to a survivor. One could even argue for including a couple in your survival kit. Ultimately, I’ll let you be the judge.

Before I get into the details of this post, a brief history of the tampon might surprise you.

The tampon is actually regulated in the US by the Food & Drug Administration as a Class II Medical Device. The word “tampon” is a derivative of the French word tapon which means “a little plug or stopper.” My research indicates that tampons were used --- CONTINUED at LINK, above ---
Readymom
Site Admin

Re: Tampons: So MANY Uses!

Post by Readymom »

Tampons as Survival Item?
https://www.doomandbloom.net/guest-post-tampons-as-survival-item/?fbclid=IwAR2Z0fG53DGc2r_Lrt4vZvmANoQHP4NouACGDHRJsdPX4JJ9mLj9b5U9kS8

So I’m still seeing posts and comments about tampons as wound dressings. I’m going to try my damnedest to nail it home why this is a incorrect assumption. First off let me say I’m an Army Combat Medic of 8years, now a Registered Nurse who’s been working in a Level one Trauma Center for going on 10years, I got a pretty good idea about what I’m talking about. ---CONTINUED---

Return to “General Items”