Flashlights

LED's,Flashlights,Solar Lighting,Propane Camping Lanterns ... the alternate options to electricity are varied and discussions & information can be found here.
Readymom
Site Admin

Flashlights

Post by Readymom »

Flashlight-Make into a charger for personal devices!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_JI2Rvdzqs

FREE Emergency power for your, Ipod, cellphone, PDA and other small electronics!I'll show you the hack!
Silent Bob

Re: Flashlights

Post by Silent Bob »

Snaplights are good for children . No batteries to run down . And remember to give each child a different color snaplight when they are outside and that way you can see which child is where.
Readymom
Site Admin

Post by Readymom »

9V flashlight

Image Hat Tip to seazar @ Plan for Pandemic!

:arrow: Per seazar:
These are incredible and they come with a 25 year guarantee!

http://www.9voltlight.com/military_pak_lites

Image How do you turn the Pak-Lite on?
The control toggle switch moves from side-to-side. It has three positions, Low-Off-High.

Will any 9-Volt Battery work?
Yes! Pak-Lite is compatible with any 9V size Battery.

How do you change the Battery?
The Pak-Lite simply snaps on & off of the 9-Volt Battery's terminals.

How often will I have to change the Battery?
Burn times will vary depending on the Battery chemistry you are using. Click "Products" on the page banner. Then click "Batteries" to view the Battery's page and the operational time for each Battery.

Can I use my old Smoke Alarm Batteries?
Yes! In fact, a hospital in South America, where the power is on for only 2 hrs. per day, uses Pak-Lites with old smoke alarm batteries. The used batteries provide enough power to run a Pak-Lite 6 hrs. per night for 3 weeks.

What if my Pak-Lite gets wet?
In some cases, the Pak-Lite's LEDs will glow dimly in the off position for a few hours. This does not indicate a malfunction with your Pak-Lite, nor does it drain your Battery significantly. However, you can unsnap it from the Battery and let it air dry, or use a hair dryer to remove the moisture quicker.

Where do I get replacement Bulbs?
You will not need to ever replace the LED Bulbs. They are usually unbreakable and last 100,000 hrs. (over 11 years continuously). The LEDs are covered under Pak-Lite's Lifetime Warranty.
Readymom
Site Admin

Post by Readymom »

Flash Lights-General information

There's a LOT of information about different flashlights here. It talks about lumins, bulbs,lenses, and a lot more.

Every Man Should Carry a Torch: A Primer on Flashlights
https://www.artofmanliness.com/articles/flashlights-guide/

From helping you find your way back to your campsite, to allowing you to find a missing widget under the bed, to providing illumination when the lights go out, to warding off a would-be attacker, there are few tools as handy and essential as the flashlight. And there are few tools that elicit as much affection and attachment. I think our British friends’ word for the flashlight – torch – gets right to the heart of the appeal. The flashlight is simply the latest iteration of the ancient need to carry fire in one’s hand.

As we’ve moved from burning branches to battery-powered tubes, the number of options for handheld light has multiplied. You may think that all flashlights are the same, but boy you’d be wrong. There’s more to know than you could possibly imagine. Today, we’ll stick to the basics that every man should know and consider when buying a flashlight. ---CONTINUED at LINK, above---

Return to “Lights/Lighting”